Maryland's Largest Homemade Cheese Contest
August 19, 2017 at 2pm
Montgomery County Fairgrounds
Back by popular demand! The Home Arts Department will host a contest for homemade cheese. All skill levels are welcome to compete. Watch the judging LIVE and join us after to taste the cheeses and meet the competitors! (For Charcuterie Contest Rules see this page).
- The Contest will be held at the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair, on Saturday, August 19.
- Cheeses should be brought to the Home Arts Department before 1pm.
- The Contest begins at 2pm.
- All Cheese Makers are encouraged to participate. You do not need to be a resident of Montgomery County, Maryland to enter.
- Cheeses should not be marked with the entrant’s name or milk source.
- Please indicate whether you are an amateur or professional cheese maker.
- Cheeses should be identified with milk type, cheese type and any added flavorings (Ex: Cow’s milk, gouda-style; or Goat milk, Fresh with chives).
- The Chairman and Judges reserve the right to re-classify entries as needed.
- Categories with an abundance of entries may be subdivided by the Chairman and Judges.
- Ribbons will be awarded in each category.
- Entrants are encouraged to attend the judging and to remain afterward to share their cheeses.